Shark fishing and a free boat...?

I am down in Florida this week, for a variety of reasons. The Daytona 500 is next weekend, and although I am not huge fan of NASCAR, I went last year and its just an experience you have to have for yourself to understand it. Gas fumes, loud cars, the beach, and some of the best people watching on this continent. Secondly, I'm in Sarasota for most of this week to visit Mother and do some fishing. I got hooked (ahh, puns) on shark fishing in December on the Everglades trip I took with Mat and his dad. Four days of fishing and kayaking. Oh, and we caught this big boy to your left, a hefty 6' bull shark.

I got myself a Penn Senator 9/0 with a nice custom rod and brought it with me down here to be strung up with line. We'll be hitting the beaches for some shore fishing tomorrow night.

On to the free boat. There are a couple of derelict boats in the bay just across the street from
where Mother lives. One happens to be a sailboat and, despite being half full of water, she looks to be in pretty decent shape. There is a notice on the side from the Sarasota Police Department saying it will be impounded some time this week. I called them up and the guy who's in charge of all this said that actually, the owner is looking to just give it away. I'm not exactly sure what I'd do with it, as I am leaving Sarasota on Friday, but heck, its a free boat! I'll post more details as these chain of events unfold, until now, enjoy these pictures I just took.


Comments

Anonymous said…
http://www.loungelightmedia.com/images/smilies/sail-for-fail.JPG

Popular posts from this blog

Great strength of feets: removing the old diesel

We Hate Shoes

aaand we're back...