Frozen...in and out!

On the heels of the last post, where I mentioned that every day poses a new challenge, I awoke Wednesday morning to the discovery that my companionway hatch had completely frozen shut. I was on the inside, trying to slide it back, and it just would not budge. I slammed my fist against it to try and break it free from the billions of hydrogen bonds trapping me below, but to no avail. I escaped through the forward hatch above the v-berth, which can be seen in the background of the first picture, the foreground is the unmovable companionway hatch. The second picture is turned around 180 degrees, my view for the morning. I think that makes it worth a little inconvenience from time to time :)



Comments

Christina Tobin said…
There's always a way out.
Sailor Keddy said…
Indeed there is, that's why life is so great :)
Unknown said…
How cold does it get in the boat?
Sailor Keddy said…
Not too bad actually, when its about 30 outside, I can get it up to 60 or so with two space heaters running. Its cozy!

Popular posts from this blog

Great strength of feets: removing the old diesel

We Hate Shoes

aaand we're back...