Rebuilding my life

I've been in Beaufort for 8 days now, and what an 8 days it has been. These past 192 or so hours are some of the most significant I've experienced in my entire 27 years on the planet. I won't get too much into it, but to add to the emotional chaos, the personal reason for going to West Palm is no longer interested as to when I get down there. That happened the day after Winchelsea died. She was kind of my emotional and physical light at the end of the tunnel, so really it was only fitting that it ended when the journey came to an abrupt halt.

I've spent the past four or five days sorting what I want to take with me, what gets tossed and what I'm leaving for the next owner. That was a painful process. There were times when I literally had to sit down, take some deep breaths and realize that this was the final destination and there would be no glorious feeling of dropping anchor in West Palm. Like I had said before though, I've had a great run with this boat and there are exactly zero regrets, and it could have turned out much worse.

After the boat is sold, which is probably going to happen Monday or Tuesday, it will be only me again. No boat, no girl, no job. Just a suitcase, a backpack, a train ticket and the entire world before me to do as I please; total and absolute freedom. I'll be heading to Orlando then, I sent some packages to my brother's house there where I plan to stay for a few days of decompression and surrounding myself with the familiar faces of family and old friends. And I'll have to buy a car. I haven't owned a car in almost 4 years, and I can't exactly say I'm looking forward to it. Then its off to Fort Lauderdale to start over again.

Comments

Bill said…
Sorry to hear about the demise of your journey on the Winchelsea. But you have a great optomistic outlook despite the events of the past week, you'll definitely land on your feet!
Bigger adventures await, you've learned a ton that you can take with you.
Best of luck!
-Bill
Little B said…
Dont forget that you're a sailor now through and through - boat or not. Your life has changed for good - and I mean that as "for the better", and "forever."

Have faith!
Beth
Christina Tobin said…
It's time for the next chapter.

Popular posts from this blog

Great strength of feets: removing the old diesel

We Hate Shoes

aaand we're back...