Everything I imagined, and more

Newport is fan. tastic. I was off to a rocky start with no power and the dinghy mishaps I wrote of previously, but ever since those have been remedied, it's been blissful. My new job is probably the best part. The people I work with are great and I get paid to sail and talk to people. This really is a dream job, and to be flat honest, with tips I make more than I did driving a desk "using" my masters degree in engineering. Biting the bullet, taking the plunge and buying a boat is hands down the best decision I have ever made. Of course, I could have done all of this without buying the boat, but it is what started me in this direction.

Allow me to illustrate, below are photos of 1) the new office 2) the view from driving a boat as opposed to a desk and 3) the new commute.













Newport itself is a great and welcome change from Boston. The people are friendlier and more laid back. The summer really hasn't picked up yet, but I'm excited to be in the middle of this vibrant resort town where everyone is in a good mood and just looking to have fun. I think that's what I miss most about Florida. People go to Florida for a vacation, to put a smile on their face and forget their worries. I feel I help to provide that with my new job, and it may sound cheesy but it feels really good. Again, I can't believe I get paid (and pretty well) to sail, talk to people about the sights of Newport, and help them relax and enjoy life. It's so true: do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad this has worked out so well for you. Keep it up and I hope it remains the time of your life.
Bill said…
It sounds wonderful! We will be traveling to Newport this weekend to look at boats of our own to buy and live on. Can't wait!

Popular posts from this blog

Great strength of feets: removing the old diesel

We Hate Shoes

aaand we're back...