Into the swing of the season

Today, I feel, will mark the beginning of the summer in my eyes. I awoke this morning to the harbormaster knocking on my boat and yelling down my open companionway. She was friendly enough, and apparently has no problem with my staying at anchor for the entire summer. The only issue I have a qualm about is the pump out requirement. Apparenty, if questioned, I have to provide proof that I have had my head tank pumped out weekly, but I don't think I could produce an entire tank full of waste in a week if I tried. I gave her my contact info and she went on her way.

It is also blissfully warm. Shorts and flip flops are in full use, and sleeping rarely requires any blanket at all. The breeze on the water at night is perfect and with the hatches open the air sweeps through Winchelsea.

The anchorage is filling quickly now, with half a dozen new boats that have arrived in the past two days. One of these is Green, the captain on Aquidneck, and his family of a wife and two daughters on their 46' ketch. Coming to shore this morning, I stopped over and he asked how my "lady visitior" treated me earlier. Once at the dinghy dock, finishing touches were being applied to everything, the air just had an electrcity about it that change was coming about.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

sally said…
Ah!! wonderful life you have!! I wish I could do like what you're doing...

hah! i hate shoes.

Popular posts from this blog

Great strength of feets: removing the old diesel

We Hate Shoes

aaand we're back...