Funemployment

Since becoming freshly unemployed I have enjoyed many perks. They all culminate into one though; just being able to do flat out whatever I want to whenever I feel its appropriate. The temporary job I took as a deckhand on When and If fell through due to the shit-ass weather around Cape Hatteras. Thats what happens when your life is dictated by wind and seas; you can't get pissed, you can't get stressed out, you can't plan on it. Which, honestly, is why I love this line of work and lifestyle. Emyl and Seychelles decided to take this opportunity and sail their personal sail boat up from West Palm to Charleston, just so it would be a little closer when they bring it all the way up north for the summer.

Just because I'm unemployed does not mean I've been lazy. My dad came down Tuesday and we are assembling a bow pulpit/bow rail and a wind turbine. The pulpit is show below, which needs to be sanded, I'll have pictures of the wind turbine when its up. The wind turbine will allow me, in 12 mph winds, to generate about 1 kWh per day. The bow pulpit and rail are more safety related, and give me something to put an anchor roller onto.



I've also removed the broken water pump (shown below, ancient piece of crap), and am replacing it with a manual version (no electricity, which should come in handy when I'm off the dock in a week). Also, and this is kinda gross, but the y-valve was leaking from my black water holding tank, and I've replaced it with a new one. I've also ordered a bulkhead mount compass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great strength of feets: removing the old diesel

We Hate Shoes

aaand we're back...