Back in the water, plans for points south

After many days in the 90s sanding, painting and fixing stuff below the waterline, she was back on the hook last Thursday morning. As far as the inboard goes, I have finally realized that it is indeed the shifting cable, and only have to tweak it. So there it is, shes ready to head south with fresh bottom and topside paint, a working inboard and all of the rigging set to go. It took a little over a year, but I brought a 50 year old "classic plastic" back from the verge of being hacked up and crushed.





I have a couple of regattas in early/mid August on Weatherly and after that I'll be pulling the hook up and starting the trip south. The plan is to head through Long Island sound, down the East River and pulling into an anchorage in New York harbor. I'll wait for a weather window and head to Cape May, possibly all the way to Norfolk if the weather holds. Then it'll be a few days of motoring along the ICW inside of Hatteras and through Beaufort, North Carolina, the sleepy seaside village that rocked my world 3 years ago. After that, its a little less planned out, I'll just wait for weather windows that get me south and motoring along the ditch when its less than ideal outside.

But, of course (as a disclaimer), these are just plans. And plans can change in a heartbeat when it comes to boats and the sea.


Comments

sgkuhner said…
Scott,

Kitty and I won't be back in CT until early Sept. But, if you need a mooring in Norwalk on the Five Mile River, let us know and I will tell the dock master to let you have our mooring.

Popular posts from this blog

Great strength of feets: removing the old diesel

We Hate Shoes

aaand we're back...