Winter on a boat...again, Boatmeal, and Sandy

Last night it dropped below freezing for the first time this season. I could see my breath as I went to sleep last night and I was greeting in the morning with a thin layer of ice on the dock. All of this is so wonderfully reminiscent of living on Winchelsea three winters ago in Boston. As much as I can't stand the cold, that was an extremely pivotal and significant time in my life, and to be revisiting it with the additional knowledge I've gained and a boat I truly desired is blissful.



Below is my typical morning: bOatmeal and coffee with my Primus OmniFuel stove, that I plan to put on gimbals soon. Boatmeal is simply a handful of rolled oats (not instant), some dry milk, raisins, cinnamon and hot water with some Grape Nuts or granola on top. Yes, the coffee is instant, but I plan on fixing that soon.





Hurricane Sandy was not all that bad on the Rhode Island coast. The floating dock I am tied to was above the fixed pier it is attached to, due to the 3-4 foot storm surge, but other than that is was pretty mild, thanks to the wind direction that kept the waters around the docks calm. Below are four pictures, two of Bowens and Bannisters Wharves underwater up to America's Cup Ave and then in the morning before the storm hit when the docks were about level and then later that evening when the floating dock was a few feet above the fixed pier I was standing on.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great strength of feets: removing the old diesel

We Hate Shoes

aaand we're back...