Stepping aboard another Seawind

I got a reply to a post a couple of weeks ago from Bill, a guy who was taking his Allied Seawind through Newport. We met up that Saturday and spend the morning touring each others sister sailboats. His is a later model, 1968 if I remember correctly, with some nice paint and interior furnishings; see the pictures below.









It's amazing what some new paint and some cushions will do for the aesthetics of a boat! Soveraine isn't quite there yet though. The bowsprit is off (see below) and the new wood is in Maine awaiting my construction. After that I'll dive into the chain plate issue as well as the electrical rewiring (interior and nav lights, VHF, stereo, battery charger, etc) and then follow with interior paint and cushions. Let the winter of boat productivity begin!


Comments

sgkuhner said…
The bowsprit deal, reminds me of the time I replaced our bowsprit on Bebinka back in 1973 while in Durban South Africa.

Popular posts from this blog

Great strength of feets: removing the old diesel

We Hate Shoes

aaand we're back...