Retrospect

Preface: I wrote this while I was in Sarasota over December 2009. I was drunk when I wrote this, but the entire trip was 100% sober...

It is hard to describe the feeling of being pushed along with the raging surf after, for almost four hours, being battered with it broadside. I am thinking of the voyage we made over a week ago from Rhode Island to Boston, and it almost seemed easy at the time. I have conferred with the others that made the trip and they concur: it was not a simple walk in the park sailing cruise, but one of great determination, compassion and a general commitment to a cause I wasn't even sure existed.

As we came into Boston, I spent the entire time up on deck, admiring all of the nuances of a port I have never experienced coming into from the sea. I could only wonder if my great grandfather Clifford Keddy enjoyed a similar arrival, full of excitement as he passed through the narrow passageways between the harbor islands as he made his way to a City he had never seen before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great strength of feets: removing the old diesel

We Hate Shoes

aaand we're back...